Vision & Mission
Our vision is to promote and maintain excellence in the provision and practice of human genetics and genomics services in Sri Lanka through education, training, research, advocacy and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Our mission is
- to foster fellowship among Alumni of the Human Genetics Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- to conduct an Annual Conference to promote Genetics and Genomics.
- to conduct regular training and awareness programmes to promote Genetics and Genomics literacy among all categories of healthcare staff and trainees.
- to promote collaborative research networks in Genetics and Genomics both locally and internationally.
- to disseminate uptodate health-related Genetics and Genomics information to the public through the mass media and social media platforms.
- to contribute to policy formation in Genetics and Genomics in the country.
- to promote the welfare of patients with genetic disorders.